Upcoming Events: March 20 – 26
Travis county and the city of Austin has decided to close all bars and restaurant dining rooms and are prohibiting gatherings of 10 or more until May 1. This means all concerts and events in Austin are canceled until further notice, and bars are closed. Some bars and venues that serve food are open for takeout. Many of the retail shops are open as well as some tourist attractions.
While everyone figures out what’s going on and how to recover from this, we are going to press pause on updating events. Some people are moving shows online. If you are hosting an online show, or know of one, let us know and we’ll try to get the word out.
Below is a list of other businesses that are close and a couple lists of places that are still open. Send us tips if you know of a place that should be on the list or their changes. Make sure to check their websites, and social media before you head out!
Open for Business
The following is an incomplete list of businesses that are still open as normal.
- Museum of the Weird
- Secret October
- Forbidden Fruit
Here’s an incomplete list of places that are still open but have modified hours or modified service until May 1.
- Bloody Rose Boutique – modified hours, shop online with free pickup in store, shop by appointment
- Glass Coffin: Vampire Parlor – modified hours,
- Kick Butt Cafe – modified hours, take out orders only
- Curia Arcanum – online shopping and online readings
- Yarrow & Sage – limit 5 people max
- Vortex – take out food orders only. Virtual performance schedule TBA
- 4th Tap Brewing – beer to go, pickup only
- Skull Mechanix Brewery – beer to go, pickup only
- Independence Brewing – modified hours, beer to go, pickup only
- St. Elmo’s Brewing – modified hours, beer to go, pickup only
- Waterloo Records – curbside pickup only
- End of an Ear Records – curbside pickup only
- Vulcan Video – modified hours, limited 10 people max, call-in rentals available
- I Luv Video – Free beer Tuesdays canceled
All the bars, clubs, performance venues and movie theaters are closed. Here’s an incomplete list of shops and eateries that are also closed through May 1.
- Aaron’s Rock and Roll
- Zucchini Kill Bakery
- Book People