Seasons screamings! It’s October and that means Austin is filled with tourists attending ACL Fest for 2 weekends, the haunted houses are open, there’s horror burlesque and drag shows, loads of horror movie screenings and Levitation Fest to close out the month. We’re not exactly sure what makes Levitation a festival, though. If you’re a fan of Levitation let us know what it is we’re missing and why you like it.
Anyway… Bat City Scaregrounds returns for its second season! In addition to the 3 haunted houses they have a new midway featuring vendors each night, and bands and sideshow acts on the center stage. House of Torment is back for its 20th season! In addition to their 3 haunted houses they have 3 escape rooms and the Torment Tavern.
Here’s what we are recommending in October:
- The Boyz of Austin: Halloween Edition
- Bloody Rose Boutique & Tigress Pub Fall Party & Black Market
- Gwar w/ Crobot & Nekrogoblikon
- Flipper with Mike Watt
- PRIEST w/ Julien-K and In A Darkened Room
- BONER BIZARRE: MEDIEVAL CRIMES
- Austin Vampire Ball: Red Death
- PALLBEARER PRESS – HOUSE of STUFF 1 Year Anniversary
- Voodoo Doughnut presents a Halloween Rock and Roll Show
There’s more great things happening, of course. As always we’ll be updating the calendar weekly.
Are we missing something?
Are we missing anything? Know of a bar or club that is open that we don’t have listed? Are we missing an event? Submit a tip!