Upcoming Events: April 2023
Sorry for missing the March update! A lot of things have been going on in the DSOA camp, but, we are back for April! First, let’s get to some news…
First, in old news: A few months ago The Glass Coffin opened a sister store right next door called The Velvet Casket. You can read more about them in the listing we just added in the shopping category. The print shop Fine Southern Gentlemen, moved to a new location and changed their name to Feels So Good. They still do printing, but they also have a store where they sell clothes and records, and they host shows and events.
In new news, Bloody Rose Boutique (my store) will be moving to a new, larger location in May. The new location is not far from the North Loop location, and will allow Bloody Rose expand offerings and to host much larger parties and events. Freakflag by Iana has ceased operations in Austin since Iana relocated to Seatle. At the Austin After Dark Film Festival, the Immortalz won “Best Horror Music Video” (produced by PennyRock Productions LLC and HorrorWeb). After the success of Secret Oktober’s 18th anniversary party, Blood Over Texas will be hosting more parties and events in South Austin at Captain Quackenbush’s Coffee House.
Here’s what’s going on in April that we are looking forward to!
- B.O.T. presents DARK DISKO at Capt. Quackenbush- April 8
- EasterWeen at The Glass Coffin – April 9
- North Loop Block Party & Bloody Rose 5th Anniversary at Bloody Rose Boutique – April 15
- Punk in Drublic – April 22 & 23
- Ministry with Gary Numan and special guest Front Line Assembly at Emo’s – April 26
- SAN Presents: Dropped Out / The Butts / Bad Idols / The Capitalist Kids / Danny Despicable – April 28
- Black Celebration at dadLab – 4/28
There’s a ton more, so check out the calendar to see what else is going on!